Sunday, January 15, 2012

Miracles

How does a miracle happen?  Well other then the miracle of creation, it most always follows prayer.  Now it might be a short prayer that God answers right away or it might be a prayer that is prayed everyday, without fail, for years and years.
When I had polio, the doctors said I would never walk again, even with the aid of braces and crutches.  They said my core muscles were not strong enough.  As many of you know, God answered prayer and allowed me to do just that.  I was told I would never be able to have a baby.  God gave me two healthy boys and with His help and grace, I carried them full term.
I have seen many answered prayers in my life.  I can't wait to share some of them with you.  One thing I have learned is that God always answers.  Sometimes the answer is "No" but many times it is "Wait".  I think the reason is because we learn more by waiting.  Our faith grows stronger and we realize that this particular thing is not going to happen without Him.   God needs to be given the glory and He wants to make sure we and others see that it's through Him that miracles happen.
This week I saw two miracles.  A close friend of ours younger brother was stricken with cancer last year.   He had several tumors throughout his body and one was on his spine.  A very aggressive chemo treatment schedule was put in place and I am very thankful to say he is tumor free today.  We will continue to pray for him, that God will strengthen him and help him to walk again on his own.  We also want God to kill all cancer cells and pray that there will be no new tumors in his future.  I know this is a tall order but nothing is too big for God.
We also saw a prodigal child come home after twenty years.  Her parents, family and friends have prayed faithfully that she would return one day so that they could welcome her with open arms.  This week God brought about a miracle in His time and this child has come home and that family has been restored.
So I say to you today, whatever it is you're praying for, wait and keep praying.  God is at work and He assuredly has a plan.  If your praying for a loved one who has gone astray or someone who needs the Lord or maybe it's for healing for yourself or someone else, keep praying in faith believing.   His ways are not our ways and we must be open to His will and have the faith that He knows what is best for His children. God makes no mistakes and He sees the future when we cannot.  Trust His ways.
My oldest son had a verse to learn for kindergarten graduation.  I Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing". He would try so hard to say Thessalonians correctly that he would nod his head forward to say it and when he did, his hat would fall off.  He would pick it up, put it back on and start over. We went through this process three times and finally his teacher said, "Just say the verse, honey."  I thought he would never actually get to the verse.  But he made it and you will too. So just keep praying my friends.  That's what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment