Friday, February 10, 2012

CHOICES

We make so many choices in a day. Whether to get up or stay down, stay in or go out, do good or be bad, love or to hate, worry or trust, be happy or sad and to emotionally hurt or to heal.  You can't sit on that fence for very long.  Sooner or later you have to get down on one side or the other.  Sometimes the side you get down on doesn't work for you so you climb over to the other side.
I went to a Ladies Retreat a few years ago because the speaker was someone I greatly admired and respected.  I had been going through some things about this same time that were really making me sad and my heart hurt and then I heard a life altering talk on Choices.  She said when someone hurts you, choose not to let them.  Whoa, what? I can choose not to be hurt?  Guess what? It works.  However, you can't do it on your own.  This sort of situation must be bathed, showered and scrubbed in prayer. Let me tell you, IT IS NOT EASY.
Are you choosing to worry?  The opposite of worry is trust.  So here is your choice.  Are you going to worry or trust God.  You can't sit on the fence, it's one side or the other.  Is the worry side working for you, if not, crossover to the other side and try trusting God with your whole heart. He will not fail making the right choice for you.
I wish I had know this when I was fourteen.  What those girls said that day was not an attack at me.  It was something said in anger and I chose to let it hurt me.  They didn't pull away from me, I pulled away from them.
I have attended the last couple high school reunions and let me say that I was welcomed and made to feel very accepted and loved by my fellow classmates.  I now keep in touch with many of them and I have grown to love them very much.  This last reunion we had in 2009 was so much fun.  I laughed so hard that night.  I treasure a picture taken by the photographer of all of us girls.  All that time I wasted can never be restored   but I am so thankful for new days and second chances to make the right choice.
So how about you?  Have you chosen to be hurt, worry or even hold a grudge.  You never want to have regrets so make that right choice today. I can tell you from experience, it is soooooo worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment