Saturday, November 17, 2018

Play Me Some Country Music

This month has been really busy.  So many exciting things happening.  First of all, I had my very first SPARC board meeting.  I was so honored, thrilled, excited and everything in between to be asked to serve on this board. 
This organization has given me so much and if serving on the board is a way to give back to them, I'm all for it. 
SPARC provides adaptive sports for people with disabilities.  Things you thought you would never do, you now can. 

Next was our Fundraiser to raise money for my registration into Ms. Wheelchair America.  It was a fantastic night.  We had a great turnout and so many volunteers to pull it off.  There was a full band that spent many hours practicing for this event and they even let me sing with them.  The ladies at my church provided the food and operated the concessions stand.  Our local community center provided the place and did all the publicity.  A girl could not have asked for more.  I literally, had to just show up.  It was a big success.





The next day Liberty, Junior Ms. Wheelchair Tennessee, and I braved a very cold morning to be in the Christmas Parade in Chattanooga at the mall.  The sun was shining so that was a big plus.  I have to say that seeing all those little kids smiling and waving at you and in anticipation of seeing Santa, who wasn't far behind us, made it all worth it.  
There were a few other titleholders in the parade so we managed to get together for a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment