Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Follow the Frog

I attended two special events last week.  The first one was the Tennessee Government School to Work Transition night at Rhea County High School.
My friend Ladonna and I were representing our employer, Rhea Medical Center.  She works in Human Resources, so she was the perfect person to attend this function with me.

This is a very informative night for students with disabilities and their families.  Several colleges and organizations were there plus the Marine and National Guard recruiters.

There was a detailed presentation on how to access the Tennessee Government website and maneuver through all the resources there to help them apply for assistance in numerous areas.  I was very honored to be a part of it and was hoping to make some Junior Ms. Wheelchair Tennessee connections.

I wish more families had shown up because it was very informative.



Friday was a great day!!!  I left the house about 7AM to be at Superior Vans in Knoxville by 9AM.  They were having an open house tailgate party.  I met so many wonderful people there, from the staff at Superior to the special people who came out for the day.  What a great turnout they had. 

I made some Ms. Wheelchair Tennessee contacts, was on the radio with the morning DJ and met their mascot who wanted to be a Princess too.  I was not kissing him, let's just be clear about that!!






No comments:

Post a Comment