Saturday, October 6, 2018

Ms. Wheelchair Tennessee 2019 - The Journey Begins

ly 



So the last time I entered a post in this blog, I had just competed for Ms. Wheelchair Tennessee 2016.  In that blog, I explained that I felt that the Lord had led me to compete, not to win but to reach out to someone.  I did reach out but more than that, people have reached out to me.  I have a whole new family of members with disabilities and the wonderful people that do everything they can to enrich our lives.

I had said I would not compete again.  In fact, this year I was so honored to be asked to judge.   As the cut off date drew nearer and nearer for women to register, my director and I began praying diligently for applicants.  One night the Lord impressed on my heart that I should compete.  So the next day I turned my application in and here I am, Ms. Wheelchair Tennessee 2019.  God indeed blesses us even more than we can imagine.

I am so excited to represent the disabled communities of Tennessee.  I will be attending Ms. Wheelchair America 2020 in July in Little Rock, Arkansas.

My platform is to be a resource to those who have found themselves in a wheelchair and the depression that can sometimes follow that.  I want to give them hope in so many ways.  Life in a wheelchair has given me many opportunities in life that I most surely would not have had.  I have met wonderful people that I would not have met.   I have experienced things I would not have experienced.   I am truly blessed.

So I will try and check in with you weekly and let you know how this journey goes.  I have my first television appearance this Friday on GMA Fox Chattanooga.  I have added a few pictures from this week.

I love you all and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment