Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finders Keepers

I never really liked that game of Finders Keepers.  Somehow it just didn't seem fair unless, of course, I was the one finding.  But what you will find in my blog will be for you to keep for as long as you want or can remember it, which would be till tomorrow in my case. 

I was born in 1950 so I am a classic "Baby Boomer".  This makes me 60 about to turn 61 for all those who are math challenged like myself. It's funny how on paper you are classified as a senior citizen but on the inside you feel like you're still 20.  This is where I have an advantage over some of you.  Sense I have spent most of my life on wheels, my knees and hips are not about to give out.  It seems like everyone is getting their knee or knees replaced.  My worry is a flat tire. But bing-bada-boom and it's fixed, (a couple hundred dollars later I might add). Being disabled does not come cheap but I am so grateful for the technology of today that allows me to be very independent.

So what you will find here are some funny or touching but always true stories, some scripture that has been special to me and stories of the many wonderful people who have left their footprints on my life.  That was going to be the name of one of the several books I started, "Footprints on My Life".  Pretty good, huh?  Too bad I never wrote it.

So tomorrow we will go back to the fall of 1952.  The day that this journey began. The day I woke up completely paralyzed.  So talk to you then.  In the meantime, God Bless You

No comments:

Post a Comment