Sunday, September 4, 2011

There Really Is A Plan

The Lord has given me the awesome opportunity to do some public speaking.  So many people see this as a huge fear, I love it.  Now don't put me in an MRI machine or a cave but telling what God has done for me and how he has used my life, is such a honor.
We are made by the Master Designer. He has a plan for each one of us and is continually preparing us for what lies ahead. When I had polio, God allowed it.  He didn't strike me down with it or it wasn't a punishment of some kind.  But He allowed it so it could be used to bring honor and glory to Him.  He did not leave me helpless.  He made sure I had the parents I needed to have, lived in the town I needed to live in and gave me the talents and abilities I needed to have.
 I was born in a Midwestern college town.  This college had a school for disabled children on campus.  So God's plan was for me to live in this town and go to this school.  He provided my mother with the strengths and abilities she would need to care for a disabled child.  She was the second girl in her family and grandpa was sure she would be a boy.  When she wasn't, he tried to do the next best thing, turn her into a tomboy.  He nicknamed her Billy and he taught her to be strong.  She could fix anything, lift anything and even drive anything.  As a child she might've been a little resentful of this tomboy lifestyle but little did she know that God was preparing her to be the mother of a child that she would need to carry, years past the time of lifting a child.  My son worked in a nursing home for awhile.  He said, "I don't know what God is preparing me for but I'm sure it's something."  I told him it was to take care of me. 

Most importantly, God gave me a Christian family.  Without the faith that I witnessed in my parents and grandparents I may not have been so willing to take it as my own.  I am sure if you look back on your life and some of the challenges you have experienced or may be experiencing now, think of how God has prepared you, because I know He has. 


No comments:

Post a Comment